YOUTH TALENT CONTEST
104.9 The Fox presents the Northeast Arkansas District Fair Youth Talent Contest Wednesday, September 27th at the fairgrounds on Hwy 49N between Jonesboro and Brookland
The Fox Youth talent contest will showcase the areas most talented youth. If you’re between the ages of 10 and 21 and sing, dance or play an instrument…. We want you!
Here are the counties that are part of the NEA District: Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Lawrence, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett, Randolph, St. Francis, White or Woodruff.
Complete the form HERE and enter now.
Deadline for entry forms and demos is Monday, September 25 at 5pm.
Audio must be submitted as a digital file playable on a mp3 player/device (phone, mp3 player).
Remember… complete the form HERE and enter.
2023 Rules for the NEA District Fair Youth Talent Contest
Wednesday, September 27 at 7 p.m.
Northeast Arkansas Exposition and Conference Center
Hwy 49 North between Jonesboro and Brookland
- The purpose of the Northeast Arkansas District Fair Youth Talent Contest is to discover and encourage talent in the youth of Northeast Arkansas. It is designed primarily for amateur talent, but any act which qualifies otherwise is eligible even if the act received pay at some time EXCEPT where the person(s) are actually engaged in the entertainment business or paid instructors of the Arts.
- Contestants must be at least 10 years of age and not more than 21 years of age on September 27, 2023. Any contestant appearing younger or older than the age limits specified should be prepared to furnish proof of age to the contest director.
- Contestants must be legal residents of the state of Arkansas. Contestants must not have ever been convicted of any crime or have any criminal charges pending.
- No contestant will be allowed to compete in more than two categories.
- Contestants must legally reside in one of the following counties to participate in the NEA District Fair Youth Talent Contest. Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Lawrence, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett, Randolph, St. Francis, White or Woodruff County.
- All acts must be performed on the stage.
- Any inappropriate lyrics of a song in the vocal and variety categories or inappropriate moves in the dance and variety categories will result in immediate disqualification. The contest director has the right to interrupt a performance if it is not deemed suitable for the Youth Talent Competition.
- No decorative or background props of any kind will be allowed. A prop must be used as a functional part of the contestant’s act. Questionable props must be discussed and approved by the contest director prior to arrival.
LENGTH OF PERFORMANCE
Any act must not exceed the 3-minute time limit (including recorded introduction). audio accompaniment is also subject to the same 3-minute time limit. All acts are limited to a 1-minute time limit in setting up equipment. NO EXCEPTIONS
There are six (6) categories in the NEA District Fair Youth Talent Contest. Competing acts must qualify by one of the following category descriptions:
- VOCAL SOLO shall consist only of a vocal performance by one vocalist. No other talent may be performed in conjunction with the vocal solo. MP3 audio files used for accompaniment will be allowed to provide limited vocal background.
- VOCAL GROUP shall consist of two or no more than fifteen vocalists. No other talent may be performed. MP3 audio files used for accompaniment will be allowed to provide limited vocal background
- INSTRUMENTAL SOLO shall consist of an instrumental performance without vocal utterance by one performer. MP3 audio file accompaniment may be used. Contestants are encouraged to memorize their piece rather than use sheet music on stage.
- DANCE SOLO shall consist of one dancer. No other talent may be displayed in conjunction with the dance performance. All types of dancing will be judged in this category – tap, jazz, ballet, folk, ethnic, fad, etc. Gymnastics, tumbling, acrobatics, or any other form of gymnastics is not included in this category. However a dance routine can include a maximum of two gymnastic or acrobatic stunts.
- DANCE GROUP shall consist of two or no more than fifteen dancers. No other talent may be displayed in conjunction with the dance performance. The same rules listed under Dance Solo apply.
- VARIETY shall consist of a performance of one or no more than fifteen people. This category is intended to provide a proper showcase for those acts in which multiple talents are displayed. Acts that fit the description of any other category will not be allowed to compete in this category. The following acts qualify for this category: song and dance, vocal and live instrumental, lip sync, pantomimes, impersonations, skits, juggling, ventriloquism, magic, and any other talent not applicable to any of the other categories. No act may include a drum set(s) or more than 2 electric instruments and 1 amplifier. No baton acts are included in this category. When multiple acts apply, such as song and dance, the lesser part of the act must be at least one-third of the act’s total time.
INSTRUMENTS AND MUSICAL ACCOMPANIMENT
Adequate plug-ins for electric instruments are available. NO PIANO OR KEYBOARD WILL BE PROVIDED. YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN KEYBOARD, STANDS AND CABLES. Professional sound equipment including CD player and microphones are provided, and their use is required. No personal CD players or microphones will be allowed. Any act which includes self-accompaniment will be considered a multiple talent and must be entered in the Variety Category.
Musical accompaniment for any act must be recorded. Contestants must furnish their own audio which must contain only the music needed for performance and must not be longer than 3 minutes. Audio must be submitted on a mp3 player/device (phone, mp3 player) that has a standard 1/8” female headphone jack. You may also e-mail your audio track to email@example.com.
The contest takes no responsibility for an incompatible file.
Due to time restrictions, only 30 contestants will be chosen to perform. Entry forms and demos will be accepted thru September 25, 2023 at 5 p.m. The 30 acts chosen to participate will be contacted by phone/ email by September 26, 2023 at 5 p.m. with detailed instructions including time and location to meet prior to the contest. If you do not submit a demo with your entry form by the deadline you will not be considered for the contest. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The Northeast Arkansas District Fair Youth Talent Contest will name one winner in each category, present a trophy, and cash prize.
THE TALENT SHOW DIRECTOR AND/OR MANAGER OF THE NEA DISTRICT FAIR RESERVES THE FINAL AND ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO INTERPRET THESE RULES AND ARBITRARILY SETTLE AND DETERMINE ALL MATTERS, QUESTIONS AND DIFFERENCES IN REGARD THERETO, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH, OR INCIDENT TO THE CONTEST, AND THE RIGHT TO AMEND OR ADD TO THESE RULES AS THEIR JUDGMENT MAY DETERMINE. ANY CONTESTANT WHO FAILS TO ABIDE BY ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM NORTHEAST ARKANSAS DISTRICT FAIR YOUTH TALENT CONTEST BY THE CONTEST DIRECTOR AND/OR FAIR MANAGEMENT.
If you have further questions, please contact Lynn Stillwell or Samantha Chambers at 870-933-8800 ext 110 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.