Note: All 2016 online entry is August 28th thru September 9th!
These rules apply to all animal divisions.
1. All exhibitors (Junior and Senior or Open) must have owned and taken possession of their animals at least sixty (60) days prior to the opening day of the Northeast Arkansas District Fair.
2. All livestock divisions will be subject to: To constitute a Breed Show, there must be at least five (5) head and two (2) exhibitors. All breeds with less than this minimum requirement will be assigned to “All other Breeds” (“AOB”).
a. All Breeds assigned to “All other Breeds” shall have a Grand Champion selected and award presented.
b. Award shall be Forty Dollars ($40) and a Rosette.
3. All rules and regulations herein are subject to change without notice.
4. Junior exhibitors will be given the opportunity to enter their animals in either the Junior or Open division, but cannot enter the same animal in both.
5. ALL PRIZE CHECKS WILL BE VOIDED AFTER 90 DAYS.
TROPHIES WILL BE AWARDED FOR WINNERS IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
1. Grand Champion Prospect Steer and Reserve Champion Prospect Steer.
2. Grand Champion Market Hog and Reserve Champion Hog.
3. Dairy Showmanship – Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior.
4. Beef Showmanship – Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior – trophies given immediately following the show.
5. Swine Showmanship – Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior – trophies given immediately following the show.
6. Goat Showmanship – Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior – trophies given immediately following the show.
7. Sheep Showmanship – Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior – trophies given immediately following the show.
8. Rabbit Showmanship—Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior—trophies given immediately following the show.
9. Grand Champion Market Lamb and Reserve Champion Market Lamb.
10. Grand Champion Goat and Reserve Champion Goat.
11. Grand and Reserve Supreme Steer.
12. Grand and Reserve Market Calf.
13. Livestock Exhibitors Neatness and Arrangement Award, during entire show. An award for First and Second Place will be presented to the adults and juniors that are selected for keeping their beef and exhibits neat, clean and kept arranged properly during the entire fair. The purpose of this contest is to encourage all exhibitors to have a neat appearing exhibit for the attending public to observe. The contest will be judged by a special committee.
14. Livestock Judging Contest for both 4-H and FFA bonafide members certified by Vo-Ag Instructors or County Extension Agents. Trophies will be awarded to the 1st Place Junior and Senior teams – The junior must not have reached 14 years by September 1, 2016 and the senior must be 14 by September 1, 2016.
15. Showmanship Junior and Senior – The junior must not have reached 14 years by September 1, 2016 and the senior must be 14 by September 1, 2016.
16. Poultry Best of Show – Junior and Open.
17. No non registered intact male will be shown in any species.
PLEASE NOTE: The department superintendent will be responsible and advise all contestants of the rules and regulations for competing for the above awards.
ALL ANIMALS ENTERING FAIRGROUNDS INCLUDING THOSE SHOWN IN PET ZOOS, CHILDREN’S BARNYARD ANIMALS, OLD MCDONALD FARMS, ETC. WILL BE SUBJECT TO ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS