Note: All 2017 online entry is August 14h thru September 1st!
Rules apply to all animal divisions.
1. All livestock pre-entries will be due by Friday, September 1, 2017. Entries will be submitted online at www.neadistrictfair.com beginning August 14, 2017.
2. Livestock competition is open to Northeast Arkansas District only.
3. All exhibitors (Junior and Senior or Open) must have owned and taken possession of their animals at least sixty (60) days prior to the opening day of the Northeast Arkansas District Fair.
4. The Junior Division will be open to 4-H members currently enrolled in a 4-H Club and FFA members who are currently paid members of an FFA Chapter.
5. Junior exhibitors will be given the opportunity to enter their animals in either the Junior or Open division, but cannot enter the same animal in both.
6. All livestock divisions, EXCEPT CATTLE, will be subject to: To constitute a Breed Show, there must be at least five (5) head and two (2) exhibitors. All breeds with less than this minimum requirement will be assigned to “All other Breeds” (“AOB”).
a. All Breeds assigned to “All other Breeds” shall have a Grand Champion selected and award presented.
b. Award shall be Forty Dollars ($40) and a Rosette.
7. No non registered intact male will be shown in any species.
8. All rules and regulations herein are subject to change without notice.
9. The Fair Association is not liable for loss, damage, or injury to any exhibit or animal during the show.
10. A night watchman will be provided by the Fair Association.
11. All livestock must provide own bedding.
12. Smoking is PROHIBITED in the livestock barns or other stall areas.
13. No dogs will be allowed in livestock barns or other stall areas.
14. ALL PRIZE CHECKS WILL BE VOIDED AFTER 90 DAYS.
TROPHIES WILL BE AWARDED FOR WINNERS IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
1. Dairy Showmanship – Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior
2. Rabbit Showmanship—Pee-Wee, Junior and Senior
3. Reserve Champion Market Hog
4. Swine Showmanship – Pee-Wee
5. Reserve Champion Market Goat
6. Goat Showmanship – Pee-Wee
7. Reserve Champion Market Lamb
8. Sheep Showmanship – Pee-Wee
9. Grand Champion Prospect Steer and Reserve Champion Prospect Steer
10. Reserve Champion Market Steer
11. Beef Showmanship – Pee-Wee
12. Livestock Exhibitors Neatness and Arrangement Award, during entire show. An award for First and Second Place will be presented to the adults and juniors that are selected for keeping their beef and exhibits neat, clean and kept arranged properly during the entire fair. The purpose of this contest is to encourage all exhibitors to have a neat appearing exhibit for the attending public to observe. The contest will be judged by a special committee.
13. Livestock Judging Contest for both 4-H and FFA bonafide members certified by Vo-Ag Instructors or County Extension Agents. Trophies will be awarded to the 1st Place Junior and Senior teams. The junior must not have reached 14 years by September 1, 2017 and the senior must be 14 by September 1, 2017.
14. Showmanship Junior and Senior. The junior must not have reached 14 years by September 1, 2017 and the senior must be 14 by September 1, 2017.
15. Poultry Best of Show – Junior and Open
BELT BUCKLES WILL BE AWARDED FOR WINNERS IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
1. Grand Champion Market Hog
2. Swine Showmanship – Junior and Senior
3. Grand Champion Market Goat
4. Goat Showmanship – Junior and Senior
5. Grand Champion Market Lamb
6. Sheep Showmanship – Junior and Senior
7. Grand Champion Market Steer
8. Supreme Bull
9. Supreme Heifer
10.Beef Showmanship –Junior and Senior
PLEASE NOTE: The department superintendent will be responsible and advise all contestants of the rules and regulations for competing for the above awards.
ALL ANIMALS ENTERING FAIRGROUNDS INCLUDING THOSE SHOWN IN PET ZOOS, CHILDREN’S BARNYARD ANIMALS, OLD MCDONALD FARMS, ETC. WILL BE SUBJECT TO ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS