GENERAL RULES / ADULT DIVISION & YOUTH DIVISIONS
SEPTEMBER 19-24, 2016
1.All entries in the Adult and Youth Divisions shall be subject to the General Rules and Department Instructions published in this publication.
2.All persons in the participating counties who have previously entered a county fair or a multiple county fair (Tri-County or Three-County) AND RECEIVED A BLUE OR RED RIBBON may enter exhibits in the Family Living Department (This does not apply to Craighead County exhibitors.) Divisions are as follows:
• Persons 20 years of age or older must enter as Adult Exhibitors
• Persons age 5-19 must enter the youth division.
• Youths less than 5 years of age may enter in the Youth Handicrafts however it will not be judged. Their items will receive a participation ribbon and one premium point.
3.Exhibits must be entered from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday, September 19, 2016 and must remain in place until Sunday, September 25, 2016. ANY EXHIBIT REMOVED BEFORE SUNDAY AFTERNOON WILL FORFEIT ANY CASH PREMIUM WON.
Note: Special time for entering Flower Show and Floriculture exhibits: Monday, September 19, 2016 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
4. Exhibits must be picked up from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm on Sunday, September 25, 2016.
Persons arriving early to pick up items will not be allowed in the building until 1:30 pm. The Fair Association will not be responsible for articles called for after 3:30 pm on Sunday, September 25, 2016. Exhibitor number and entry stubs required for pickup.
5. All exhibits must be the original work of the exhibitor and must have been completed since the 2015 Fair.
6. All exhibits must follow specific department guidelines. Examples: All artwork must be framed in wood, metal, or plastic frames and prepared for hanging with a wire on the back. Small items such as jewelry must be mounted.
7.Exhibitors may make only one entry in any classification unless otherwise noted under department rules.
8.There is a category in each department to allow for the entry of ONE non-listed class. Craighead County exhibitors may utilize the “Craighead County – Other” category to enter one item for which there is not a specific class. The “County Fair Blue Ribbon in Non-listed Class” category will allow exhibitors (other than Craighead County) to exhibit one entry that won a blue ribbon in a county (or multi-county) fair but is not specifically listed in the NEA Fair premium list. Each exhibitor may enter only ONE non-listed item in department. This does not apply to departments (such as Art) which have maximum exhibit rules.
9.An exhibit which received the Best of Show award at a county or multiple county fairs may be entered in the "County Fair Best of Show" category in the appropriate department, if there is not a specific class listed for the item. Exhibitors may enter only (1) "Best of Show" in a department.
10. First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Participant Ribbons will be awarded. Judges will be instructed not to award premiums to articles not worthy of merit. Premium money will be awarded for First through Third Place. No premium money will be award for Participant Ribbons.
11. The best entry or entries in each department will be recognized with a "Best of Show" ribbon and displayed in a special area. Ten (10) additional premium points will be awarded to the "Best of Show" exhibit.
12. Exhibits will be marked with colored dots so they can be easily identified. The colors are: Clay County – Light Blue; Craighead County – White; Crittenden County – Fluorescent Red; Greene County – Dark Blue; Lawrence County – Lime; Mississippi County – Greene; Poinsett County – Bright Orange; Randolph County – Orange; St. Francis – Fluorescent Yellow; Three County (Cross, Jackson, Woodruff) – Purple; Tri-County (Lee, Monroe, Phillips) – Yellow; White County – Red. Dots will be placed on items upon entry.
13. Premium checks will be voided after 90 days.
EACH EXHIBIT IS ENTERED AT EXHIBITOR’S OWN RISK. THE FAIR IS NOT LIABLE FOR ARTICLES LOST BY FIRE, THEFT, OR BREAKAGE. HIGH VALUE ITEMS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SHOWING.