CRAIG ALLEN, CEA- STAFF CHAIR and MIKE HAMILTON, CEA-AG
1. Entrants must be a member of 4-H.
2. Pre-registration is due in the Poinsett County Extension Office by Friday, September 1, 2017. Pumpkins and watermelons must be registered at the fairgrounds by 6:00 p.m. Monday, September 18, 2017 and must stay on display during the duration of the fair.
3. Pumpkins or watermelons that are damaged due to rots, punctures, etc. will not be eligible for district or state weigh-ins. The criteria for conducting the weigh-in will be actual weight of quality watermelons or pumpkins.
4. Only the Atlantic Giant variety of Pumpkin will be considered for the district weigh-in.
5. Only the Cob Gem variety of watermelon will be considered for the district weigh-in.
6. Each District Winner will be awarded a trophy, one for the Big Watermelon and one for the Big Pumpkin. Second place through fifth place winners will receive ribbons.