SUPERINTENDENT – JAMES CUNNIGHAM 870-638-9396
POULTRY WILL REMAIN ON THE GROUNDS FROM MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2016 THRU SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
NOTE: All poultry pre-entries will be due by Friday, September 2, 2016. Mail to: Northeast Arkansas District Fair, PO Box 2397, Jonesboro, AR 72402.
Poultry will be released at 12:00 Noon Saturday, September 24, 2016.
Poultry Judging will be at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, September 20, 2016 in Barn #1.
PULLORUM TESTING ON THE FAIRGROUNDS: SUNDAY, AUGUST 28, 2016 – 5:00 PM
THERE WILL BE NO TYPE OF PULLORUM-TYPHOID TESTING DONE ON THE DAY OF ENTERING YOUR ANIMALS. TESTING SHOULD BE DONE PRIOR TO ENTERING.
ALL ANIMALS ENTERING THE GROUNDS INCLUDING THOSE SHOWN IN PET ZOOS, CHILDREN’S BARNYARD ANIMALS, OLD MCDONALD FARMS, ETC. ARE SUBJECT TO ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS.
NO GEESE, DUCKS OR TURKEYS ARE ALLOWED. ONLY A ONE DAY PASS FOR EXHIBITORS WILL BE ISSUED.
1. Exhibitor entries in the Poultry Division must be in place by 12:00 Noon, Monday, September 19, 2016 in Barn #1. Fairgrounds will be open at 10:00 a.m. Sunday, September 18, 2016, and entries can be brought in from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. .
2. The Junior and Open Poultry Show will be at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, September 20, 2016.
3. A minimum of 25 birds must be pre-registered or the show will be canceled.
4. No more than three (3) birds per cage.
5. All poultry must be free of disease and open wounds or sores.
6. All officials representing the person sponsoring the exhibition shall notify the State Veterinarian no later than thirty (30) days prior to the exhibition giving the names, place, inclusive dates and times of the event. The requirements for exhibition are as follows:
a. Pullorum-Typhoid Status – All poultry excluding waterfowl present at exhibitions in Arkansas shall have originated from U.S. Pullorum-Typhoid clean or equivalent flocks or have had a negative Pullorum-Typhoid test within ninety (90) days of the movement to the exhibition. This information will be documented on an NPIP Form VS 9-3, NPIP Form VS 9-2, or similar certificate which will accompany the poultry during the exhibition.
b. Record Keeping – The sponsor of the exhibition shall compile a list of all poultry present at the exhibition. The list shall contain the name and address of each owner, the number, species, breed, variety, type, sex, and Pullorum-Typhoid status of all poultry present. A copy of this list shall be retained by the sponsor of the exhibition for at least twelve months.
7. No Poultry under 6 months allowed in show, except poultry chain.
8. Only 2 pens per mixed breed per exhibitor.
9. Limit 10 pens per exhibitor.
10. All entries will be judged by breed. Classes are open for Open and Junior exhibitors. There must be a minimum of six (6) exhibitors in each class or it will be an Open Show.
11. ALL ENTRIES MUST HAVE THE BREED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM.
12. ALL PRIZE CHECKS WILL BE VOIDED AFTER 90 DAYS.
11. The Fair Association is not liable for loss, damage, or injury to any exhibit or animal during the show.
All poultry must be free of insects and open sores.
CLASS - POULTRY/DOLLARS 1st 2nd 3rd
1. Pairs, Cock/Hen $8 $6 $4
2. Pairs, Cockerel/Pullet $8 $6 $4
3. Trios, Young (1 Cockerel & 2 Pullets) $12 $9 $6
4. Trios, Old (2 Hens & 1 Cock) $12 $9 $6
5. Pens, 3 Pullets $12 $9 $6
6. Pairs, Broiler (Jr. only) $12 $9 $6
7. Pens, Broiler (Jr. only) $12 $9 $6
8. GRAND OVERALL $5
9. RESERVE OVERALL $3
10. BEST OF SHOW (Large Fowl) $10
11. BEST OF SHOW (Bantam) $10
All poultry will be shown in a class with its own breed. There will also be a mixed breed class judged.
All entries must be checked in by the superintendent upon arrival for pen assignments.
FEED AND WATER WILL BE PROVIDED.